Your privacy matters to us: How we collect, use, and store your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and will only use it legally and responsibly.
We only collect information that is necessary to run GalleryNow, fulfil our obligations to you, and keep you informed about GalleryNow and its activities.
The personal information we collect may include:
- your name, title, gender, and date of birth;
- your email address, phone number, postal address, billing address, delivery address;
- feedback you may have submitted related to Gallery services and products;
- product selections and purchases of goods or services;
- donations you have made to the Gallery
- credit card or other payment information (we only store this for as long as we need to process payment); or you select to save this information in your customer account
- contact preferences;
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you;
- any other information provided by you to GalleryNow
How do we use your information and what is our legal basis for processing it?
We will only process your information if we have a legal basis for doing so under the current data protection legislation, including:
Processing your information because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, for example:
- To process payments;
- To fulfill orders for exhibition tickets or other events or services;
- Where we are required by law to process your information
- Where we have your consent to process your information
- Where you have agreed to receive email updates in relation to the Gallery;
- Where you have agreed to participate in a Gallery-based research project to improve the information we provide on our paintings.
We will not sell your personal information to any third parties or external organisations.
Do we share your information with other organisations?
We share your contact information with the artists / art agents. We may also share some of your personal information with our service providers/external data processors, to carry work out on our behalf. Examples of such service providers/data processors include: PostFinance, Swiss Post
How long do we keep your information?
The retention period will vary according to the nature of the purpose under which the information is held.
How do we keep your information secure?
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to try to prevent:
- Unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification
- accidental loss, damage and destruction
We are required to make sure any transfers of information will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with Data Protection regulations.
All our staff and data processors who have access to, and are associated with the processing of, personal information are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of our visitors, email subscribers, Members, shoppers, supporters, and all those who engage with us.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. They are:
- The right to obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal information (see below our Subject Access Request process);
- The right to access your information (see below our Subject Access Request process);
- The right to have your personal information rectified if it is incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to have your personal information removed or deleted in certain circumstances, for example when you have withdrawn consent to it being processed and we have no other basis for processing it;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to certain processing including the right to not be subject to automated decision-making and the right to object where we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interest;
- Where you have provided your consent to the processing, the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal); and
- The right to require us not to send you marketing communications.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and requests may be refused where exceptions apply.
We may be required to update the terms of this policy from time to time. We will notify you about any significant changes in the way we treat personal information usually by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided or by placing a prominent notice on our website(s).
How to contact us